I needed a quick cute card and decided to use Stampin'Up! new set called Bella and Friends. I love the new In Color Designer paper and wanted some polka dots...so I cut the Peekaboo Peach polka dots DSP for the bottom section, layered it on white cardstock cardbase and placed the stamps on the top portion to get an idea of how it would look....and this is what I saw...ok, but kinda blah! Right?
So I decided I needed to spiff up the top background--but didn't want to use the Peekaboo Peach cardstock--that would be really dark and I'd lose the puppy in there... so I got out my Peekaboo Peach classic ink and my new sponge brayer and started applying color in a random pattern:
Here's my final brayered background:
Then I added the puppy stamp, the verse, colored with the aqua painter and added 3 of the new In Color enamel dots. Tied a ribbon around the middle and here's the final result:
I love the way it turned out. So next time you find you need to spiff up th background but the cardstock will be a bit too intense, try your brayer and some ink--you can make it as light or dark and you want for your design.
It is wonderful to have all the new In Color products at your fingertips--I have a club that you can join for 5 months--you will receive one set of all the new In Color products for a single color each month---at the end of 5 months--they will all be yours including the 12 X 12 Designer Paper we used in the above card, the Enamel dots plus--a freebie from me--a package of the In Color family of cardstock which can be viewed as approximately a 5% discount. Here's the brochure for joining the In Color club Download In Color Club
I'm going to give you step by step instructions to create this card and then I'm going to give you the supply list.
1. Cut a piece of thick Whisper White cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score the long side at 5 1/2 (cardbase). Cut a piece of Peekaboo Peach polka dot Designer Paper 4 1/4 X 2 1/2--hold this for a bit.
2. Brayer the upper half of the cardbase using the sponge brayer and Peekaboo Peach classic ink--move in random directions and keep re-inking the brayer until you have the depth of color that you like.
3 Adhere the designer paper to the bottom of the cardbase using multipurpose liquid glue
4. Stamp the dog (Bella & Friends stamp set) using Archival Black ink; stamp the verse "Just for You" (same stamp set) in Archival Black ink. Use your aquapainter with Cajun Craze classic ink to color the dog. Use Cherry Cobbler to color the collar and the heart.
5. Adhere 3 Peekaboo Peach Enamel hearts to the left of the dog.
6. Tie a 14"piece of Peekaboo Peach ribbon around the card middle and tie in a knot--use a glue dot to hold the knot in place.
Your card is completed--isn't it cute? Join the In Color club now and get all those great new In Color products!
Here's the supply list to create this card--use the Shop now button to order your supplies: