Well, needless to say I just can't stop creating gorgeous cards with those Project Life by Stampin'Up! cards. Last week we talked about these awesome cards used to decorate the memory keeping system--those pocketed pages that you just slip in the pictures and use these cards to slip into adjacent pockets to create beautiful photo albums. We also created two really pretty greeting cards using the PL cards.
I think it turned out great and, again, it only took 5 minutes! The cards in the Hello Lovely Project Life set (and there are 100 of them) can be used whole, cut down (get more than one greeting card from a single PL card) or you can use punches to punch out pieces. Some of the cards are stencils--this means all you need to do is use a pretty color underneath and, yep, another 5 minute card.
I'm going to give you the directions for today's card and following that I'll give you the list of supplies so you can purchase what you need to re-create this card.
1. Cut a card base from Early Expresso cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score the long side at 4 1/4.
2. Cut Whisper white cardstock 4 X 5 1/4, stamp Happy Birthday (Better Thoughts stamp set) in Always Artichoke Classic Ink in the bottom right side; run this through the Big Shot in the Brick Wall folder.
3. Adhere the Project Life card to the left side of the white cardstock using multipurpose liquid glue. Cut a 6" piece of Watermelon Wonder mini-striped ribbon, adhere around the right edge of the PL card using Tear & Tape--all of the ribbon should be on the PL card (you'll find the tape actually stiffens the ribbon a bit to make it easier to handle) Wrap the ends around to the back of the white cardstock.
4. Adhere this unit to the card front using liquid glue.
5. Punch 2 butterflies from Watermelon Wonder cardstock (using the Bitty Butterfly punch), pull the wings back together and adhere to the card front using glue dots--see picture for placement.
6. Pull out the packet of sequins from the accessory pack --2 small and 1 large--adhere these with glue dots to the right side of the card--see placement in the picture.
Your card is completed! Isn't it awesome? After you create your card with the PL cards, email a picture to me so I can see what you did!
Here's the supply list for today's card. Use the Shop Now button at the top of the page to order your supplies: