Simple Simple Simple--but Beautiful All Occasion Card
June 24, 2016
I'm always getting into a situation where I need a quick card but I want it to be very striking and have lots of pizzazz...today's card has all that and more! It takes just about 10 minutes--if you are slow--and it have lots of character--but best of all, this card can be used for any occasion--I cannot think of a situation (and this includes weddings and sympathy) for which this card (with the appropriate greeting) cannot be used.
Well, what do you think---am I right? Change the color and/or use a different design from the Irresistibly Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper and you can use this for any occasion.
I'm going to give you step by step directions followed by a supply list which is very short.
1. Cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score the long side at 5 1/2 (card base)
2. Cut a piece of Irresistibly Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper 3 X 4.
3. Ink up your sponge brayer with Flirty Flamingo Classic ink. Hint: DO NOT press hard on the ink pad--first if the handle hits your pad it will damage the pad surface. It it not necessary to bear down on the sponge because the ink only adheres to the surface of the sponge--it does not sink in--so just roll the sponge lightly across the ink pad.
4. Roll the brayer over the Floral paper---you will need to re-ink the brayer after a few rolls. Keep reinking and lightly roll over the floral paper until you get the depth of color that you like--there is no right or wrong here--just what you like.
5. Take a tissue and light rub over the entire surface of the inked paper to remove any excess ink. Adhere the paper to the bottom front of the cardbase using multipurpose liquid glue. Cut a 15"length of Blushing Bride stitched satin ribbon and tie around the card front in a square knot.
6. Stamp Thanks Kindly (One Big Meaning stamp set) in Archival black ink on the top of the card base. Adhere a heart from the Metallic Enamel shapes (see picture).
Your card is completed--probably in less that 10 minutes unless you stopped in the middle for coffee or tea! What do you think--quick, easy, and gorgeous and it meets almost any occasion--can you think of an occasion that a card like this (in the right color and with the correct greeting) would not be appropriate? If you can, leave me a comment.
I'd recommend making up several of these without the greeting--keep them on hand, and when you need a card--stamp the appropriate greeting and pop it in the mail. It just doesn't get any better than that.
Here's the supply list--use the Shop Now button right now to order the supplies you need for creating this card: