How to Use the Detailed Floral Thinlets #2
June 17, 2016
Last Tuesday we used the 2 floral dies in the Stampin'Up! Detailed Floral Thinlet set. Today we're going to use just the wide floral die with the edgelit that comes in the set. Note: this edgelit fits both the thin and wide detailed dies.
Here's the card we will create today:
Below are the step by step directions and following the instructions is the supply list.
1. Cut a piece of thick Whisper White cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score the long side at 5 1/2 (cardbase). Cut a piece of Garden Green cardstock 4 X 3 1/2".
2. Lay the Garden Green cardstock on the Precision Plate (on the Big Shot) Lay the wide floral die at the bottom of the Garden Green cardstock leaving a 1/8"border on the bottom and the sides. Position the edgelit alog the top of the floral die leaving about a 1/8"border. Cover with a cutting pad and run through the Big Shot at least twice. Leaving the die in place, turn the cardstock over to make sure you see definitive cutting through the cardstock. If not, run through the Big Shot one more time.
3. Leaving the die in place, plase the cardstock/die on the foam pad of the Die Brush set. Roller the brush over the die to remove the small cut out pieces.
4. Place small dots of multipurpose liquid glue in the wider areas of the cardstock. Note: very small dots of glue are all that is needed to hold the cardstock in place. Adhere to the cardbase near the botton leaving about 1/8" border.
5. Rub the Embossing buddy over the upper part of the card base. Stamp Happy Birthday (Stylized Happy Birthday individual stamp) in Versamark, sprinkle with Copper Embossing Powder, heat with Heat Tool until shiny copper.
6. Add 3 rhinestones (see picture) around the verse.
Your card is completed! Isn't it awesome! Try one--use different colors and leave me a comment!
Here's the supply list. Use the Shop Now button at the top of the page to order your supplies now.