I'm sure when you looked through the new Stampin'Up! annual catalog you saw the awesome Detailed Floral Thinlets. There are two terrific ways to use these dies...today I'm going to show you one way and Friday I'll show the second way! Both are absolutely beautiful.
Here are the steps and after the directions I'll give you the supply list.
- Cut a piece of Pool Party cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score the long side at 4 1/4" (cardbase). Cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock at 4 X 5 1/4"
- Place the black cardstock on the Precision Base plate on the Big Shot. Lay the 2 large dies pieces on the black cardstock as shown in the picture below). Run through the Big Shot 2-3 times to make sure you have a good cut. Leaving the dies in place, turn the black cardstock over and make sure the cut lines are prominent. If not, run through the Big Shot one more time.
3. Place the die/cardstock on the foam pad of the Die Brush set and brush through the die to remove the small cut out pieces.
4. Turn the black cardstock to the back side and place very small dots of multipurpose liquid glue in spots that have large surface areas...small is the key word here--you need only small dots of glue to hold it in place.
6. Rub the Embossing Buddy over the blank area of the black cardstock, Using the Happy Birthday (Vertical Greetings stamp set), stamp Happy Birthday in Versmark in, sprinkle with Silver Embossing powder, and heat with Heat Tool until shiny silver.
Your card is completed! Isn't it awesome---try some different colors and leave me a comment!
Here is the supply list you can use to order the supplies you need for this project using the Shop Now button at the top of the page.