Ever want to create a cute card but no designs come into your head and out your stamps? That happened to me and I decided to create a great background using a designer paper--but then I didn't have one that really met my needs, sooooo, I decided to create my own designer paper. And I did, and it was so cute that I didn't need to do anything else but add a sentiment...what do you think?
It was so easy to do and the best part is that you can do it with tons of the new stamp sets! I used Perfectly Wrapped (awesome new one). I'm going to give you step by step directions---but its'so easy you probably don't need directions. After that I'll give you my supply list.
- Cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score the long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
- Cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock 4 X 5 1/4; adhere this to the card front using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 3 7/8 X 5 1/8--we'll stamp on this.
- Using the large outline flower (Perfectly Wrapped stamp set), stamp in Archival black ink randomly over the cardstock leaving some space between the flowers.
- Using the medium sized solid flower, stamp in Flirty Flamingo classic ink over the outlines and in the spaces between those flowers.
- Using the dotted circle stamp, stamp randomly over the front of the card in Emerald Envy classic ink--note: see how the circles overlap a bit on the edges of the circles---this adds a bit of continuity to the design. Adhere this cardstock to the front of the card using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Cut Emerald Envy cardstock 2 1/8 X 1 1/4. Cut Watermelon cardstock (Item #138334) 1 7/8 X 1--adhere to Emerald cardstock using liquid glue.
- Cut Whisper white cardstock 7/8 X 1 3/4; stamp THANKS (Perfectly Wrapped stamp set) in Archival Black ink, ahere to above unit with dimensionals. Now adhere this to the card front in the lower right corner.
Your card is completed! Isn't that awesome--and you didn't need to design the card--your own created designer paper is all you needed! Try this out and email me a picture of your completed project!
Here's the supply list...use the Shop Now button at the top of the page to order your supplies right now: