Today we're going to color one of my favorite new Stampin'Up! embossing folders--the Floral Affection folders.This is actually a set of two small folders (flower + banners) that are paired with the Love & Affection stamp set--what an awesome combination! See for yourself:
See the soft shadowing around the floral image in the upper half of the card? That's a really easy technique that gives you a really professional appearance to your embossed images. I'm going to give you step by step instructions to create this card and then I'll give you the supply list.
2. Cut a piece of Whisper white cardstock (#100730) 4 X 5 1/4.Cut a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock 2 1/4 X 4 and a piece of Sweet Sugarplum cardstock 3 X 4.
4. With your sponge dauber, add ink to the underside of the front of the embossing folder--you'll see Sizzix on the bottom of the front of the folder--the underside of the front is what we want to add the ink to--use more ink to give you darker tones or less ink to give you a softer look.
8. With the tiny flower image from the coordinating Love & Affection stamp set, stamp a few images (see card) in Sweet Sugarplum classic ink. Add a couple of Rhinestone to the flower centers--see picture. Adhere this piece to the Whisper White cardstock from step 2 using the multipurpose liquid glue.
9. Place the Sweet Sugarplum cardstock from step 2 in the banner folder and run through the Big Shot. Adhere this to the bottom of the White cardstock using liquid glue.
10. Adhere a 5"piece of Sweet Sugarplum ruched ribbon over the seam of the 2 pieces of cardstock and adhere the ends to the back of the white cardstock. I used Tear and Tape to adhere the ribbon. Now adhere the assembled unit to the black cardbase using liquid glue.
11. Cut a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock 2 1/2 X 3/4, stamp "sending smiles your way"(Love & Affection cardstock) in Archival Black ink. Cut dovetails in both end. Cut a piece of Blushing Bride glimmer paper 7/8 X 2" and adhere the stamped cardstock to the center of the glimmer with Tear & Tape. Adhere this unit to the center of the banner imprints with Tear & Tape
Your card in completed---isn't it beautiful? When you try this, leave me a comment so I'll know how you did.
Here's the supply list. Use the Shop Now button at the top of the page right now to order your supplies to create this project.