Sunshine and Posies are what we expect in the spring--here in Maryland, we've not seen quite as much sunshine as we'd like these last couple of weeks. So today, we're going to create our own posies using some sunshine! Take a look at this card--it's created using the Stampin'Up! Sunburst framelit and the Pretty Posies Designer Series Paper Stack!
You can use this base card for many occasions--birthday, get well, thank you, thinking of you --just change out the greeting in the center...in fact, you may want to make a stack of these and leave the greeting off until you are ready to send--then you can stamp the perfect greeting, attach it and you are ready to go.
I'm going to give you the step by step directions and the the list of supplies you'll need to re-create this card.
- Cut Very Vanilla cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2; score the long side at 4 1/4 (card base)
- Cut your favorite pattern of Pretty Posies Designer Series Paper stack: floral pattern 4 X2; and the contrasting pattern 3 1/4 X 4. Adhere these to the cardbase front using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Cut a piece of Watermelon Wonder cardstock 4 1/4 X 4 1/4; using the 4" Circle Framelit, cut a circle from this cardstock
- Cut a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock 3 1/2 X 3 1/2; using the 3 1/4" circle framelit, cut a circle from this cardstock.
- Using the Sunburst framelit, keep the center of the flower over the inner circle of the framelit and cut flowers from both circles
- Using your thumb and forefinger, slightly curl up the edges of the "flowers"; apply dimensionals to both flowers and adhere them to the cardfront.
- Punch a 1 3/4 scalloped circle from the Blushing Bride glimmer paper (#140550). Adhere to the flower center using Tear and Tape.
- Stamp Happy Birthday (Sunburst Sayings stamp set) in Archival Black ink on Very Vanilla cardstock; Punch out with 1 3/8"circle punch--adhere to Blushing Bride with Tear and Tape.
- Punch 2 "leaves" using the scalloped oval punch; fold each in half lengthwise and adhere under the flower lower edge using multipurpose liquid glue.
Your card is completed--now create a few more and you'll have a wonderful stash next time you need a greeting!
Here's the supply list. Use the Shop Now button at the top of the page to order your supplies now: