Ever need a really quick birthday card that fits kids, teens, adults, gals or guys? Well, here's one that litterally took me 10 minutes from start to finish...the nice part is, you can alter the colors to fit your needs! Here it is...
This cutie is based on the Stampin'Up! Happy Mask (in the olden days when we used quill pens we called these stencils)! The thing to remember here is that this mask is only available while supplies last because it it RETIRING! So you'll want to get yours before they are all gone---it's in the supply list below.
I'm going to give you step by step directions and following that is the supply list.
- Cut thick white cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score the long side at 5 1/2 (card base).
- Cut Bermuda bay cardstock 5 1/4 X 4; adhere to front card base using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Cut thick white cardstock 3 7/8 X 5 1/8--we'll work on this piece.
- Using removable tape, adhere this piece to the BACK of the happy mask--I turned mine about 90 degrees---you can adhere your straight if you prefer.
- Using daubers and ink pads (Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Watermelon Wonder), color in the "happy" and the dots (random colors). You can vary the depth of the color by using more or less ink. Before removing the paper from the mask--you can use Clear Wink of Stella (#141897) over the "happy" to give it a bit of sparkle!
- Punch a small balloon with the Balloon punch from Watermelon Wonder cardstock--adhere to the upper right with a dimensional. Using the Black marker draw the string down to connect with the "y" in happy.
- Adhere a large rhinestone to the balloon.
- Mount this piece of cardstock to the center of the Bermuda Bay on the card front using dimensionals.
Your card is completed! Isn't that easy and quick! Done in minutes. P.S. don't forget to clean off your mask before putting it away.
Here's the supply list...use the Shop Now button to order your supplies right now: