Mother's Day is only a couple of days away...do you have your hand-made cards ready? Not only for your own Mother but for those who have been a "mother" to you or someone who's daughter can no longer send a mother a card? You may need more than one card for this occasion.
Here's a DIY card that is very pretty and is quick and easy with minimal supplies needed...there's also a stepped up version if you want to add a bit more to the design...but whether you use the simple or the stepped up version...the ladies you send these to will be touched by your thoughtfulness and by your creativity in hand-making a card for them.
Now that you've seen the cards, I'll give you the step by step directions followed by a list of supplies used for this card.
1. Cut a piece of Whisper White thick cardstock 4 1/4 X 11; score at 5 1/2 on the long side.
2. Using the 2 1/2 Circle Punch, punch a hole approximate 1/2"from the score mark and 1/2"from the top on the card front.
3. Cut a piece of Daffodil polka dot designer series paper 1 1/2 X 4 1/4 and adhere to the far right of the card front using multipurpose liquid adhesive (#110755).
4. Cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock 3/8"X 4 1/4 and adhere next to the designer paper on the cardfront using liquid glue.
5. Stamp Happy Mother's Day (Crazy About You stamp set) in Archival Basic Black ink under the punched circle on the card front (note: I mounted the Happy and the Mother's Day on one block to stamp)
6. Using Crushed Curry Classic ink stamp the flower (Crazy About You stamp set) through the punched circle onto the inside (right hand side) of the card.
7. Using another piece of Whisper White cardstock stamp another flower using the same ink and punch out with the Flower Medallion punch. With her thumb, curl up the edges of this flower and adhere with dimensionals to the stamped flower. (Note: I offset the petals when I adhere the punched flower to the stamped one.)
8. Adhere a large rhinestone to the flower center....and you have completed the basic card!
Now if you want to step it up...
9. Punch three small flowers (Itty Bitty Punch set) from Crushed Curry cardstock and adhere with glue dots (103683). Add a small rhinestone to each flower center.
Now your stepped up version is completed...it's a really lovely card and takes such a litttle time to complete. Imagine how happy it will make your Mom or significant other lady in your life.
Here's the supply list--order what you need now by using the Shop Now button at the top of the page