Mother's Day is just 2 days away, you purchased a gift card but don't want to just stuff it in the card you created earlier this week....so, here's a great and gorgeous solution that takes only a few minutes, a few supplies and is really inexpensive....
Here's the pocket for the gift card:
Here's the pocket for your note:
We're using the Kraft Tag a Bag gift bags (already created for you, come 10 in a pack for only $3.50---where can you get a pretty gift card holder for 35 cents. Really a pretty solution to holding that gift card, right?
Here are the step by step directions and following the directions is a supply list so you can purchase what you need to re-create this cutie.
- Fold the bottom of the gift bag up about 2 5/8 inches forming the bottom pocket for the gift card to fit
- Cut a piece of Daffodil polka dot Designer Series Paper 1 1/2 X 4 3/4 and adhere it to the fold up portion approximately 1/4" from the bottom edge.
- Stamp Happy Mother's Day (Crazy About You stamp set; I put the words on a single block to stamp in a straight line) in Archival Basic Black in on the upper portion of the fold above the designer paper. (Note: leave a bit of room to tie the ribbon later)
- Cut a piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock 4 5/8 X 3 1/2; using the Hearts Border punch--punch hearts across the top edge (4 5/8 edge); slip this in the pocket formed by the bottom fold up. Secure the top with glue dots and apply Tear and Tape to the folded up edges on both sides; remove the tape covering and press to the Daffodil cardstock thus securing the pocket sides.
- Tie an 18"piece of 3/8"Black Satin Stitched ribbon (#138430) right above the designer paper using a square knot (left over right, then right over left).
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 4 X 4 5/8. In the middle of this piece stamp the flower (Crazy About You stamp set) in Crushed Curry Classic Ink. (Note: you can write your message with a Basic Black marker over this image). Slip this note into the inside of the bag top.
You are finished! Isn't that an awesome gift card holder? Your Mom will be wowed by your creativity and your gift!
Here is the supply list--purchase your supplies using the Shop Now button at the top of the page: