Do you want a really cute quick gift for someone special? Try this cute little DIY Cookie Cutter Ornament! The neat trick is that you can use just about any cookie cutter shape for this! We use the Sleighride Edgelits by Stampin'Up! for the sleigh and the background trees....it goes together in minutes!
I'm going to give you directions and below that is the supply list for this project.
1. Trace around the cookie cutter with a pencil on Night of Navy cardstock and (using your paper snips--these are an awesome tool for this step) cut OUTSIDE your pencil mark. This gives you a small border that will be just what you need when we glue on the backing later.
2. In the upper half of the the cut out shape, stamp tiny stars (Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set by Stampin'Up!) in Versamark, sprinkle with Silver embossing powder and heat with heat tool until bright and shiny.
3. Cut a strip of Silver Glimmer paper that will be long enough to cover the bottom half of the cookie cutter and wide enough to span the width of the cookie cutter. Using the trees from the Sleighride edgelits, cut the background of trees using your Stampim'Up Big Shot (#113439). Adhere this to the bottom half of the navy cut out using multipurpose adhesive....leave this sit for a few minutes without disturbing so the glue will firmly set.
4. Using a strip of Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper that will cover the bottom half of the silver glimmer and wide enough to span the cookie cutter width. Using the sleigh from the Sleighride edgelits, cut the sleigh and attach to the bottom of the silver glimmer using glue dots. Using your paper snips trim the two pieces of glimmer paper to fit the original Navy cardstock shape.
5. Using the 3/4" Circle punch, hold a scrap of Silver Foil paper halfway into the punch--punch this and toss this piece. Still holding the punch where you did the original punch, move the punch forward about 1/4"--make sure the two side edges meet the cardstock in points--this will be the moon. Adhere this to the starry sky using a glue dot.
6. Adhere the cardstock to the back of the cookie cutter with Finetip Glue Pen. Weigh down the cookie cutter for a couple of minutes using something heavy until the glue dries well.
7. Using 8"of silver cording, tie the two ends in a know and adhere to the back top of the navy cardstock using a glue dot.
8. Tie a bow using 8"of the 1/8" red striped ribbon and adhere tot he top of the cookie cutter using a glue dot.
You are done! Enjoy!
Here is the supply list you can purchase now for this project using the Shop Now button to shop in my store: