It's nearing the time for setting the Thanksgiving table! It's always fun to have a treat for everyone at their place setting--something they can take home with memories of the day.
Here's a great DIY turkey filled with goodies that will be a fun treat for everyone at your table. If you get these completed now, you won't have to scurry about on Thanksgiving day trying to assemble a treat!
I'm going to give you the directions and below the directions is a list of the supplies you'll need to create this cutie.
1. Cut 6 pieces of Chocolate Chip cardstock at 1 7/8 X 1 7/8. Stamp these pieces with the maple leaf (Vintage Leaves stamp set) using Expresso Classic Ink. Adhere these to the front, both siided and the lid of the box. NOTE: don't adhere to the back of the box yet...that will come later.
2. Stamp the oak leaf in Expresso ink on Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobler, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Cut out using the Leaflet frrameilts (note: the stamp set and the framelits do come in a bundle for saving 15%). You can slightly curl the leaves using a bone folder or butter knife.
3. Adhere the "feathers"to the back of the box using multipurpose adhesive. Now cover the bottom of these with the last piece of Chocolate chip cardstock. Tie a piece of gold trim cord around the sides of the box and tie a bow on top.
4. Punch XL oval from Soft suede cardstock; pumch 2 circles (owl punch) from scrap white cardstock, use black marker to add pupils to thee eyes--adhere to soft suede oval with glue dots. Punch Itty Bitty Heart from scrap red carstock--cut in half. Glue "wattle"under eyes leaving room for the beak. Cut beak from scrap Pumpkin Pie cardstock and adhere under eyes with glue dot.
5. Cut 1 1/2 X 1/2 from scrap black cardstock; Punch 1" square from scrap black cardstock; cut 11 X 3/8" from gold glimmer paper. Assemble hat---se picture. Adhere to top of turkey head using a dimensional (#104430)
You are done! Enjoy
Here's the supply list that you can purchase now with my Shop Now button: