Last week, we learned the Faux Tile technique. This week I promised to give you directions to create both of the cards that appeared in that post.
Today we are going to start with the Train (Stampin'Up! Traveler stamp set).
Here's how to create this card and below the directions are the supplies you will need:
1. Cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score the long side at 4 1/4 (this is the card base. Cut another piece of crumb cake 4 1/8 X 5 3/8 and use the Tiny Triangles dry embossing folder on this piece. Adhere this to the card front.
2. Cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 3 3/8 X 3 3/8; cut a piece of black cardstock 3 1/8 X 3 1/8 and ahdere to the vanilla carstock with multipurpose liquid adhesive.
3. Cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 3 X 3 and score one side at every 1/2 inch; Turn 90 degrees and score at every 1/2 inch. Sponge the edges with Soft Suede classic ink. Stamp the train in Stazon.
4. Refer to the directions for Faux Tile technique from last week; then adhere this piece to the black cardstock with dimensionals. Adhere the entire unit to the upper part of the card front.
5. Stamp Happy Birthday (...and Many More stamp set) in Versamark on a piece of scrap Very Vanilla; sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat with heat tool until shiny bright gold. Punch out verse with large oval punch. Punch a piece of scrap gold glimmer paper with scalloped oval punch. Adhere the verse to the gold glimmer with dimensionals. Use glue dots to adhere this unit to the bottom of the card front.
You are completed! Enjoy. Below are the supplies you will need to create this card--purchase them by hitting the Shop Now button.