There seem to be a ton of birthdays in the summer months and I'm always needing a birthday card. I like to have a basic design on hand and then create the perfect card by using the color combo that will appeal to that special person.
This card is one of those basic designs using Stampin'UP! Brithday Blossoms set that you can either create several and just send or have the design worked out and then create using the colors that your special person would love!
Here's how to make the card:
1. Cut Whisper White Cardstock 7 1/2 X 5 1/2, score on the long side at 4 1/4 (the longer portion will be the back of the card. Cut 1/2 X 5 1/2 black cardstock and adhere to the underside of the card front with multipurpose adhesive.
2. Cut Calypso Coral cardstock 1 1/2 X 5 1/2; stamp with Dots for Days using Stazon Jet Black ink; adhere to the right edge of the inside of the card using multipurpose glue.
3. Stamp the small clustered blossoms a couple of times in the lower 1/3 of the card front in Stazon Jet Black ink; using a sponge dauber sponge with Blushing Bride Classic ink.
4. Stamp the large blossom in Stazon jet black ink three times on Calypso Coral cardstock and punch out with Pansy Punch. (note it is wise to mark your stamp that coincides with the bottom petal of the punch--stamp with the marked part at the bottom and then your punch will line up correctly without much fuss).
5. Adhere the 3 punched blossoms to the card front using dimensionals--refer to the picture for placement. Add flower centers (White Perfect Accents) --these are self adhesive so use the tips of paper snips to get under the adhesive on the backing and lift to flower center--push off with finger.
6. Punch 3 Itty Bitty Accent Flowers from scrap Blushing Bride cardstock and adhere to card front--refer to picture.
7. Stamp 'hello' (from A Dozen Thoughts) in Stazon Jet Black in the upper right corner.
You are done!
Here are the supplies you will need to create this little beauty--order them now using the Shop Now button: