8 1/2 X 11 Gift Box Instructionis
April 27, 2015
Yesterday one of the door prizes at class was a gift box created from an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of cardstock. This means that you can create any color of box that you need to coordinate with your gift or party decorations!
Several stampers asked for the directions, so here they are:
1. Score 1 1/2 inches on all four sides of the 8 1/2 X 11 piece of cardstock.
2. With long side horizontal, score vertically at 4 3/4 xn at 6 1/4.
3. Cut narrow V's on each horizontal side (cut up to the horizontal score line...see diagram below:
4. Fold on all score marks using bone folder to get a nice crisp fold.
5. Using Sticky Strip, adhere each A flap in to B section (on all four outer corners)
6. Using Sticky Strip, adhere C flap to D section on both sides
This finishes the box construction. I added layers of cardstock on top of the box to decorate and added ribbon around the entire box with a tag and some Bermuda sequins to add some glam!
2 7/8 X 5 1/4 white cardstock
2 3/4 X 5 1/8 Lost Lagoon cardstock
2 5/8 X 5 Sweet Dreams Designer Series Paper
Here's the final product!
Order your supplies to create this lovely box: