Do you ever sit down to create a card and think "What Colors Should I Use to Create My Card?" Do you ever get a block and just can't pull together colors that look good? Are you tired of using the same 2 or 3 'go to' colors every time you get creative? Do you get a block on design and can't even match Black and White together---well join my club! All of us hit that wall as one time or another.
So lets begin today with a couple of great ways to look at colors differently
1. This year was a "Big Color Change" Year at Stampin'Up! and we have said farewell to some of our trusty color friends--some of our 'go to' colors BUT we have welcomed some awesome new members to our color families. One tool that Stampin'Up! has provided is a wonderful set of color combos (Color Coach) using those new colors that can jump start our creativity. Click here for the combos--print it out or keep in on your computer/phone where you can get to it easily when you need inspiration Download 04.09.18_COLOR-REVAMP_COLOR-COACH_EN
2. We often talk about getting card designs from Pintrest, so a long time ago I started a Color Combo Board on my Pintrest site. Here's the link to that board---there are tons and tons of color combos and I'm adding new ones each day...click here to start scrolling https://www.pinterest.com/sandihartka/color-combinations/.
If you want to see new color combos every day--you can follow my board--just hit Follow.
3. One other great source of inspiration is to look out your window--or take a walk. Take a look at this scene in nature...what Stampin'Up! colors do you see here? Melan Mambo? Granny Apple Green? Early Espresso? What a great combo to begin working with a new combo of colors!
So next time you have a color block or are just tired of using the same old colors you used for awhile...try one of the following
1. Stampin'Up! Color Coach
2. Sandi's Pinterest Color Combo Board
3. Look out the window or take a walk and look at nature
But, that's not all...tune back in Friday and we're going to have some more great ideas for you...in the meantime, write a message below this post and let me know your favorite new colors from the new Stampin'Up! colors this year!