Ever find yourself in need of an Easy Quick Treat or Gift Card Holder...well I have the quickest easiest holder for you that requires very few materials and looks like a million bucks!
I filled mine with treats* but you can easily slip in a gift card ---say Starbucks! You can whip up a few of these and have them in your stash ready to add treats or gift cards at a moments notice. Best thing (besides it being super easy and looks fabulous) is that you can use any of your designer papers so this works for any occasion.
*If you need a great small treat bag--grab a clear translucent envelops, snip off the flap and fill with treats--I use the new Copper Trim (2 twelve inch pieces) to the top closed
Below are the simple directions and you can use the Supply List to order what you need to create these. Hit the Shop Now button at the right (or click on any product image below and you'll be in my store. Use the current month host code (QU4X4PVU) and you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product from me for each $50 in product that you purchase.
Remember there are tons of products that are retiring Download Year End Sale Event US so check those out and order yours before the supplies run out!
1. Cut copper/white cardstock (Year of Cheer Designer Series Paper) 8 1/4 X 7 1/2; score long side at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (these are the 1" score lines we'll refer to later). Score the short side at 2 from each edge. Fold on all score marks
2. Fold the 1/2" edge (the short piece left over when you scored the long side)--cut out the top and bottom small rectangles.
3. Fold one edge to the inside (to the wrong side of the paper) on the 2" score line. On the opposite side, cut up to the crossing score line on each of the 1" score lines
4. Place Tear & Tape on the 'wrong" side opposite the 1/2" edge and on the "wrong" side of 4 consecutive flaps on the bottom--remove the covering.
5. Forming a tube, slip the 1/2" edge between the 2 sides forming the tube (side opposite the 1/2" strip) and press sides together completing the tube (make sure you form the circular shape.
6. From the bottom adhere 2 opposite flaps (one without tape folds in first and the opposite flap with tape adheres to the first one) Again, make sure you don't pull the design out of "round". Continue with the remaining 3 pairs of flaps.
7. Cut 3/4 X 6 strip from designer paper; run a bone folder along the wrong side to help curl. Place a piece of Tear and Tape on one short edge on the 'right' side. With the strip pointing up above the cup rim (right sides of the designer paper facing) adhere the top of the handle. Curve the handle down and place a piece of Tear and Tape on the 'wrong side' of the paper and adhere near the bottom of the cup.
8. If you'd like to add a finishing touch--punch a 2 1/4" circle from Whisper White cardstock and adhere with liquid glue to the bottom of the cup.
There you are! Completed...now order your supplies and create your stash!