Love it, love it, love it...It' a Tropical Chic Wave! (Remember that old song--It's a Tropical "Heat" Wave)....we'll so far we've only have a 'wet' wave here in Maryland as far as weather goes but as far as Stampin'Up! goes--it's a Tropical Chic Wave...that new stamp set with the amazing tropical leaves thinlets and that designer series paper is to die for.
So this week I'm featuring 2 fun projects using both because I simply couldn't put it down--along with last weeks feature of the new glimmer paper....(if you didn't see it--check it out here http://www.sandilovesstamping.com/2018/06/awesome-glimmery-news.html).
This note uses a wonderful thinlet that cuts out the center and leave an opening with a network of leaves under which you can place a contrasting color--this makes a wonderfully interesting center piece or a background as we used here for our "thank you" greeting. (Check back Friday for a card using this as a feature focal point.)
The instructions below are very simple...so you can keep these in your file for future reference when you need a quick but awesome notecard.
Following the directions is a list of supplies you'll need. Click on the Shop Now button (or click on any product image below and you'll be in my store.) Remember if you use this month's host code (BBBRN4DK) when you check out, you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product from me for each $50 in product that you purchase.
Here are the instructions:
1. Cut thick white cardstock 3 X 6; score the long side at 3" (notecard base)
2. Cut Granny Apple Green cardstock 2 7/8 X 2 7/8; adhere to notecard base with liquid glue
3. Cut 2 3/4 X 2 3/4 Whisper White cardstock, lay the square die (Tropical Thinlets) on this cardstock and run through Big Shot (sandwich: Magnetic platform (#130658), Precision base place, paper, die, standard cutting pad). Use the die brush on the die side to help remove the scrap pieces.
4. Adhere this over the green layer using liquid glue.
5. Cut 7/8 X 2 1/2 Soft Seafoam cardstock (#146988); stamp Thank you (Tropical Chic stamp set) in Stazon Jet Black ink, cut dovetail in right end and attach to notecard with dimensionals.
6. Tie two 6" pieces of linen thread in a bow, attach to front of a button (Tropical Elements) and adhere to left of Thank you with a glue dot.
Your card is ready to go!
H1.ere's the supply list---click on any product image and you'll be in my store--order what you need:
And don't forget if you need envelopes for these 3 X 3 notecards the item number is 145829.