If you got my email this morning with 3 Big Pieces of news, you know that we have some really awesome sales on the way very soon....
- World Card-making Days (Oct 1 - 10) Stampin'Up! is offering a sale on some card-making supplies and stamp sets 15% off) Click here to see the brochure showing all the on sale items Download Wcmd brochure
- Designer Series Paper sale - Buy 3 and Get 1 FREE---great news is that YOU select the one you want FREE! Click here to see the brochure showing all the on sale items Download B3G1DSP_Flyer_US This sale is October 1st - 31st!
If you didn't get my email this morning, that means you are not signed up to receive my newsletters--do that right now so you don't miss out on future news! Hit the Subscribe to My Newsletter button (over at the right side) and..Hit the Blog News Sign up Button (over at the right side)....sign up for both--you'll get both sets of news and get the scoop on the breaking news!
Today I'm going to show you a new technique with a stylish look - Design Your Own Background Stamp - Collage Stamping! Here's our card for today
Notice the great looking stamped background---this is done with a single ink and a single stamp. You can actually use any stamp (e.g. birthday, get well, thinking of you, etc) and any color (ink and cardstock). It really goes quickly, no experience needed for this one!
And the best part is that you don't need the Big Shot or your Heat Tool--it's truly simple and quick.
I used the Labels to Love stamp set with the Everyday Label punch--but I want to point out that the punch is part of a bundle with the Merry Little Labels stamp set---so there are two stamp sets designed to coordinate with this punch. Don't you love it when a punch has multiple uses?
I'm going to give you the very brief directions for this card followed by the supply list. Order what you need by hitting the Shop Now button at the right of the page and remember to use this month's host code 4QHU9AGE and for each $50 in product that you purchase online (and use this code) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product fro the Holiday mini catalog.
Here we go:
1. Cut Lemon Lime Twist cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score on the long side at 5 1/2 (card base)
2. Cut Whisper White cardstock 3 3/4 X 5; adhere to front of cardbase with multipurpose liquid glue.
3. Cut Lemon Lime Twist cardstock 3 5/8 X 4 7/8; using Lemon Lime Twist Classic ink, stamp the bold "thank you so much" (Thankful Thoughts stamp set) in various directions--vertical, horizontal, upside down, etc.
4. Cut an 18" piece of Lemon Lime Twist Ombre ribbon; wrap around the stamped cardstock and tie a bow. You can anchor the bow with a glue dot to stablize it. Adhere this layer to the white cardstock with liquid glue.
5. Stamp the label outline (Labels to Love stamp set) in Lemon Lime Twist ink on Whisper White cardstock. Stamp "Thank You" (Thankful Thoughts stamp set) in Archival Basic Black ink in the center of the outline. Punch with the Everyday Label punch and adhere to card front under bow with dimensionals.
6. Add 3 gold Metallic Enamel shapes around the verse.
Your card is completed! Think of someone you need to thank and jot them a quick note--mail it today! This will really brighten someone's day!
Here's your supply list--use the Shop Now button at the right and order your supplies now: