Ever want to color a stamped image and can't find just the right color in your box of pencils...well, today I'm going to show you How to Create New Watercolor Pencil Colors....it's really fun and easy. Check out this card
Recognize the color of the outer flower petals? Probably not because I combined the Melan Mambo and the Bermuda Bay Watercolor pencils to get that amazing shade of lavender.
There are endless colors you can create with your Watercolor pencils---just sit with a piece of white cardstock and play with them. Mix 2 or 3 of them and then blend with either the Blender Pens or the Aqua Painters (item #103954). After blending....let the mixture sit for a minute or so to let the blending finish....you can have a great time creating your own pallette of colors. My recommendation is to write the colors you used underneath the mixture so you can repeat it in the future.
You can also change the color by how darkly or lightly you apply the pencil--try it out.
I'm going to give you step by step directions for this card. Use the Shop Now button at the side of this blog to place your order in my store. Remember the Retiring List of products are still available. Here is the pdf file Download Retiring_List_US or the Excel file Download Retiring_List_US. Order through my store now to get the best available product selection.
Here are the card directions:
1. Cut Pink Pirouette cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score the long side at 5 1/2 (card base)
2. Cut Shimmery white cardstock 5 1/4 x 4; adhere to card base with multipurpose liquid glue
3. Cut Pink Pirouette cardstock 3 7/8 X 5 1/8 ; adhere to Shimmery white cardstock with liquid glue.
4. Cut Shimmery White cardstock 4 X 2 3/4; Cut oval with the largest Stitched Shape oval framelit; stamp the leaf spray (Falling Flowers stamp set) in Archival Basic Black ink; color leaves with Wild Wasabi Stamp'n Write marker. Stamp 'happy birthday' in Archival Black ink below the leaves. Adhere this oval to the card front with liquid glue.
5. Stamp the largest flower (Falling Flowers stamp set) in Archival Basic Black ink; using the Melan Mambo and the Bermuda Bay Watercolor pencils, lightly color the outer petals; blend with the Blender Pen. Color the inner petals with only the Melan Mambo pencil & blend with the Blender Pen.
6. Add Metallic Enamal Shapes (small dots) to the flower center; cut out flower with Paper Snips and add the flower to the oval with dimensionals.
Your card is completed---now try out some other color combos and leave me a comment on your favorite combination.
Here's the supply list; use the Shop Now button at the side of this page to place your order now in my store!