Today I'm going to show you How to Add Quick & Easy Shading to a Solid Stamped Image. Have you ever stamped image in a solid color ink and thought--that's a nice image but it isn't great! Well, it is very easy to make it great by adding some quick and easy shading. Take a look at this card and, in particular, the shading of the flower petals:
This was accomplished in just a couple of minutes by adding a darker color at the tips of the petals with watercolor pencils and then blending inwards with the Blender Pens. Really a quick & easy way to add some great pizzazz to your solid stamped image.
The watercolor pencils have lots of versatility...and you can use either the Blender pens or the Aqua Painters to blend them...usually I use the Blender Pens in small areas because there is less liquid and the Aqua Painters for larger areas because there is more liquid and a faster blend of the area.
I'm going to give you step by step directions with some pictures below...use the Shop Now Button to order your supplies from my online store. Remember the items on the Retiring List are going quickly....order now before supplies run out--if you need the Retiring List download this one for a pdf file Download Retiring_List_US or for an Excel file Download Retiring_List_US.
Here are the directions:
1. Cut Sweet Sugarplum cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score the long side at 5 1/2 (card base); dry emboss the card front with the Petal Burst embossing folder.
2. Cut Rich Razzleberry cardstock 2 3/4 X 2 3/4; cut Dazzling Diamonds cardstock 3 X 3. Adhere the Razzleberry to the front of the Dazzling Diamonds with glue dots; adhere this unit to the upper card front with glue dots.
3. Cut Shimmery White cardstock 3 X 3; Stamp the large flower image (Flourishing Phrases) in Sweet Sugarplum ink (Item #141395) in the center; using the Rich Razzleberry Watercolor Pencil, add the darker color to the tips of each petal
This is the results unblended:
Starting at the petal tip, use the Blender Pen to blend color inward on each petal:
4. Using the largest Stitched Shape (square), cut out the flower and adhere to the Razzleberry layer with multipurpose liquid glue.
5. Stamp "thinking of you" (Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set) in Archival Black on Shimmery White cardstock; punch out with Classic Label punch and adhere to card front under flower image using dimensionals.
Your card is completed!