We are playing some more with the new Eastern Palace Suites and a new card Fancy but Still Simple!
If you missed the debut of the new Eastern Palace Suites that are now available check out the post on Monday http://www.sandilovesstamping.com/2017/05/fast-and-fancy.html
The brochure describing all the products in both suites is here Download Eastern_Palace_Flyer_NA
Today I played with the thinlits---the layering & the options are almost endless...I used a set of 3 concentric thinlets that do not cut the outer edge but just the inner pieces...check out the card
This one uses the new Fresh Fig cardstock---this is going to be a huge hit! Now notice the awesome (and I mean AWESOME) medallion in the center---is that not to die for....get it "die" for...ok, let's move on. As I mentioned, this was a result of layering 3 dies....but as you may recall, sometimes things jump around on the Big Shot platform so I wanted to make sure that they would stay in place (and that if I wanted to play more, that I wouldn't have to position the dies each time).
Here's the secret...lay the dies cutting side down and use scotch tape across the back...I used about 3 strips. after the dies go through, use your piercing tool to poke through the tape--the tape actually stays in place for many runs through and I didn't have any trouble getting the cardstock out of the die with the tape on there.
So after I created this one I decided to use the same design and go for super elegant and this is the result
I'll give you the directions (same for both cards) and following that are the Supplies needed. Use the Shop Now button to purchase what you need through my store...use this month's Hostess code (7MQNATZF) and get your name in the drawing for $50 Stampin'Up! product!
1. Cut Fresh Fig cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score on the long side at 5 1/2. (card base)
2. Cut Fresh Fig cardstock 4 1/8 X 5 3/8; dry emboss with the Sparkle embossing folder; adhere to the card base front with multipurpose liquid glue.
3. Cut gold glimmer paper 3 1/2 X 3 1/2; cut Very Vanilla cardstock 3 3/8 X 3/3/8--adhere to gold glimmer with glue dots.
4. Cut Fresh Fig 3 1/4 X 3/1 4, use Medallion set (see above picture) to cut the medallion in the center. (sandwich: Precision base place, cardstock, die, standard cutting pad.) Adhere to the vanilla layer with liquid glue. Adhere a gold Metallic Enamel dot to center of medallion. Adhere unit to card front using liquid glue.
5. Stamp Happy Anniversary (Teeny Tiny Wishes) in Fresh Fig ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock. Punch out with Classic Label punch; adhere under medallion with dimensionals.
Your card is completed.
Here is the Supply list. Use the Shop Now button to order your supplies through my store.