Today we're going to use some of those fun experiments from Tuesday in Stampin'Up Buffalo Check Final Results.
If you missed the Tuesday experiments, check them out here http://www.sandilovesstamping.com/2018/09/buffalo-check-becomes-buffalo-plaid.html.
Today we're going to use a couple of those experiments using the same simple card design but altering the background and base card colors...you'll see what a difference some of the "mixes" will make to the overall card look.
For example, this card uses the Crushed Curry ink on Crushed Curry cardstock. I mounted this on a layer of Espresso and used a card base of Crushed Curry. Very pretty, right?
Now here I used the Crushed Curry in on Whisper White cardstock. I mounted this on a layer of Crushed Curry cardstock and use a card base of Whisper White. I used the same So Saffron cardstock for the daisies and the same verse so you can just focus on the difference the background can make to the card.
I'll give you the simple directions for the card so you can reproduce it. Below the directions is a list of supplies.
1. Cut 4 1/4 X 11 cardstock, score the long side at 5 1/2 (card base)
2. Cut 4 X 5 1/4 cardstock for the middle layer--adhere to base with liquid glue
3. Cut 3 7/8 X 5 1/8 cardstock for the top layer (to be stamped on); stamp your Buffalo Plaid on this layer. Adhere this to the middle layer with liquid glue.
4. Cut 2 1/2 X 1 for the verse layer; Cut 2 X 1 1/8 gold glimmer for the under layer of the verse (use glue dots for this)--adhere this to the card front with dimensionals.
5. Stamp 2 daisies (Daisy Delight) in Stazon Jet Black ink on cardstock; punch out with Daisy punch. Layer one on the other with a dimensional and adhere to card front with another dimensional. Adhere gold Faceted Gem to the flower center.
This is a list of the supplies you'll need. Remember to use those Bonus Days coupons you earned in August (they expire after September. And, if you use this month's Host code (4UGP9PMX) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product for each $50 in product that you purchase (the $5 coupons are deducted from the product total--so keep that in mind).